Perchè (Why) in English ?
Molti mi scrivono chiedendo come mai questo blog ed il materiale contenuto è soltanto in lingua inglese.
Il motivo principale è che essendo il nostro hobby di interesse mondiale, ho ritenuto opportuno scriverlo in inglese pensando così di fornire informazioni ad un pubblico più vasto, ed in oltre, se dovessi scriverlo anche in italiano dovrei gestire la doppia lingua e questo per me è chiaramente un problema, dato che come tutti gli hobbies richiedono tempo e costano rinunce.
Many visitors asked me why this blog in in english and not in italian. Since I’m from Florence and further more I post about local events… that’s right.
The main reason is that I should take care to post in two languages, and this could be a problem, since I already spend too much time using a single language. Second reason is that this blog has a world wide visibility and posting only in italian or both I could satisfy just the 5% of my visitors, but would rather create problem to the remaining 95%.
And moreover anyone is able to make a blog in italian…. or almost anyone. 😉
Great job with the website Simon. I found some interesting ideas for a top-band antenna. I really like to see Italian websites in English, this gets us more globalized.
Keep it up the great work and enjoy QSOing.
73 de IK2SGL, Daniel
GREAT JOB and GREAT WEBSITE !
English language is a good choice because
almost everybody understands!
I hope we can drink good italian beer in Florence
in February/March 2013, I will visit your AMAZING and GREAT city again.
Los Angeles, California, USA
IW5EDI, thank you for this site. I love it! I will probably build one of those “mystery” antennas within a few months. We love Italy. We have visited 6 times since our first trip in November, 2001, only because getting back to Italy meant more than cable or satellite TV or cell phone service. We are not “Rich Americans.” My wife has dual Italian/American citizenship. I would have it if Italy didn’t make it crazy difficult for spouses.
Great site. One of the best
Nice tidy site
ps love Italy
Great site – and a some interesting artichles!
Glad that you write in english!