I want to share a puzzling experience I’ve had today with WSJT-X but also JTDX on my Mac.
Both programs, suddenly stopped decoding signals, they were unable to decode any FT8 or FT4 signal even if they were correctly represented on the graphic screen.
I did apparently nothing to cause this, and any effort to change the audio setting did not solved.
I tried changing the settings of my TS-590S, connecting and disconnecting the USB cable. No google search returned a valid solution or any usefull suggestion, just some similar issues were referring to corrupted driver software on Windows, or some issues on FlexRadioi devices. Absolutely nothing on Mac.
It was clear was an issue software, not an hardware one, signals in some way were getting into the mac but probably in a way not readable by WSJT-X.
By setting the built-in microphone as a device in WSJT-X and letting the Mac decode the signals, it turned out that the decoding function worked! It was therefore definitely a USB problem.
I started to remember every possible change I had made in the hours before setting up the software and ended up remembering that I was playing with the RumLog Audio Router function the day before.
Well, this probably changed the way the sound cominf from my transceiver was sampled, making the decoding function unable to work correctly.
I did checked the settings of audio input on my iMac and tried to set to the default values.
At the end, i had also to reconfigure WSJT-X, by resetting audio settings by selecting a different audio source, and saving configuration and that restoring the USB audio Codec device and saving again.
This solved my issue.
I have the same problems since changing PCs, will look and try uour advice, many thanks,